New User

(12)

• "sid" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 17 [?]

Experience: 10,789

Next Level: 13,278

Friday, November 25th 2011, 9:00pm

I wonder if there are any people interested in 2012 transformation?
I am sure there must be some ex-devotees familiar with it, and it seems peculiar to me that it was never mentioned here (or I didnt notice).
I left YIDL 5 years ago, after 10 years of practising and teaching. I simply felt disgusted by the manipulativenes of the system and the guru, and its false spirituality ...
A few months later, I discovered a different "secular" spirituality linked with the transcendence of the Earth into the 4th dimension in 2012 . Millions of people all over the world are joining this movement. Large disclosures of truths and collapsing of old systems are a part of this process - and YIDL events are undoubtedly a part of it too.
SwAmi never spoke about the transformation - I think it was deliberate. He must know.
YIDL represents for me a very poor and old-fashioned spiritual, or better religious, inspiration. Contemporary "secular" spiritual teaching are much more satisfying, very sipmple, enabling real spiritual growth, without adorations, abuse, manipulation, fearmongering.
My favorite teacher is Eckhart Tolle, whose behavior is very different from that of SwAmi.
So, do not be afraid to leave Yidl because of loss of spirituality - the opposite is true, you will discover much more ....

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 26 [?]

Experience: 116,659

Next Level: 125,609

Friday, November 25th 2011, 11:58pm

Can only speak for me and for this particular swampy-events ex-attendee it is like this: having no knowledge of any depths of a 2012 transformation, other than cursory familiarity with the buzzword 2012-end-of-Mayan-calendar, I browsed the first few web sites Google brings up when searching for "transcendence of the Earth into the 4th dimension in 2012". I got to say I am not impressed with what I found. I am in no way a die-hard rationalist like the owner of this forum, in that I am quite convinced of the muli-dimensionality of reality, that physical existence is just one specific focus in the huge spectrum the soul can experience and that the soul is eternal, but all the same I am somewhat allergic to strings of nearly empty catch phrases, wild unsupported claims and the huge overuse of the term "energy" in those web sites. On the other hand it's obvious that compared to earlier periods we now live in an era of accellerated development. Things are evidently happening and at a quickening pace at that. I very much doubt though that the year 2012 will be more significant than 2011 or 2013 in that general development.
In swampy's world view, this very obvious peculiarity of our era compared to other periods in history never found a place, though. Swampy sees Kali yuga wherever he looks, because his concepts are so primitive and dated. This was one of the major gripes I had with him even at a time when I was still generally well disposed towards him.
Love Eckhart Tolle as a source of Inspiration, too. He is very funny because he is humble in the truest sense of the word.

LenkaKT

New User

(62)

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 62,271

Next Level: 62,494

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 8:27am

On the other hand it's obvious that compared to earlier periods we now live in an era of accellerated development. Things are evidently happening and at a quickening pace at that.

I have a book written in the time when the blood circulation was invented. The author of the book uses exactly same senteces as you. You can find it in more books written by old authors.
I mean that development is simply accellerating. In all the times people were living in the era of the most accellerated development. :D

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 9:00am

I was using shorthand. My point was that we live in singular times, as opposed to the static worldview of the yugas where everything stays the same. What's the use of picking at a sentence when you don't even disagree? When was the time when blood circulation was invented, by the way.

LenkaKT

New User

(62)

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 62,271

Next Level: 62,494

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 10:58am

It was not my aim to make you upset. It was just a notice...

The book is from the middle of 16th century.

It is just that now we see all the technology development, socilology development and so on. But in the book the autor was excited exactly same way, regarding to technology development never seen in history, society development and so on.

To the "2012 problem", in fact I have heard once a radio interview with SM. I do not remember it word by word, I remember just a message: Practice and do not ask questions.

sid

New User

(12)

• "sid" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 17 [?]

Experience: 10,789

Next Level: 13,278

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 12:41pm

I love Eckhart Tolle too!

ExUshmey:
I am really happy there is someone here who loves Eckhart Tolle!
As for 2012 stuff, there are many stories and predictions, one can believe them or not, but I do not find them so important. The most important process is large awakening of human consciousness all over the world, which cannot be denied.
I am sorry for swamis bhaktas who are prohibited from this awakening by the narrowmindeness of their "master".

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 5:45pm

The book is from the middle of 16th century. It is just that now we see all the technology development, socilology development and so on. But in the book the autor was excited exactly same way, regarding to technology development never seen in history, society development and so on.
A 16th century scientist very much belongs to that broad stream of modernity I talk about, the one that took off from the end of the 15th century, the crest of which we are riding right now, by the way.
To the "2012 problem", in fact I have heard once a radio interview with SM. I do not remember it word by word, I remember just a message: Practice and do not ask questions.
I could sympathise with a cyclical world view, as opposed to the linear view, and can understand it. Only swampy's particular view is so drab, that I reject it almost instinctively.

Here is a nice piece on East-vs-West world views, touching on linear and cyclical time too:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2tlgQy/www…_pattanaik.html

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 612,625

Next Level: 677,567

Thursday, December 20th 2012, 3:39am

Barely two weeks left and, well...? (wtf)

I didn't really notice anything extraordinary about 2012, good or bad. What am I missing? ?(

PallasAthene

Silver Member

(193)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 436,411

Next Level: 453,790

Friday, December 21st 2012, 2:24pm

Perhaps we are missing some more years for such a view.

Look at India, Russia, Japan, China and Mideast.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 524,653

Next Level: 555,345

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 12:04am

All I have to say: "Suck it, Mayans :whistling: !"