New User

(10)

• "maranatha" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 10 [?]

Experience: 1,093

Next Level: 1,454

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 2:14pm

Yoga in philosophy and practice is incompatible with west and Christianity James Manjackal MSFS

:) this is truth - the guru of YIDL reading the Bible like an idiot leading the blind :cursing:

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 444,481

Next Level: 453,790

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 12:36pm

Why is it truth?

Christianity, as presented by Christ, (not by the church as the institution with its flaws , crimes etc ), is all about love, life and the truth. So is yoga. Don't mix yoga with cult behavior ( you have such examples in Christianity too)

I really don't get your point

Jani

New User

(53)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 31,846

Next Level: 38,246

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 1:23pm

YIDL does claim it transcends religions. However it really looks more like one of many Hinduist cults. Surely the Bible and the Bhagavad Gita have beautiful philosophies. But I would also agree that a person can only be whether Christian or Hinduist, not both at the same time. Thus the YIDL is not really bringing peace and freedom to the West, as it claims, but is in fact trying to colonize it on behalf of the religious leaders like the Swampiji.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Experience: 444,481

Monday, July 14th 2014, 9:19am

"Surely the Bible and the Bhagavad Gita have beautiful philosophies"
Only some parts of the Bible make sense and have beauty. The Bible is a bad mash-up of different texts with varying quality and meanings. Bhagavad gita has more consistency and deep metaphoric meaning.

Again I would disagree that being a Hinduist or a Christian is so different. Differences there are, but it is similar in many ways. Concepts of monotheism and polytheism are not so different when the practice to achieve the enlightenment, moksha, spiritus sanctus etc is similar- being kind, loving others and opening your mind in prayer and meditation to unite with the God's being/consciousness.

If we peel of all those layers of differences ( which are on the surface) Christianity and Hinduism are the same. Of course that most of the so called 'enlightened' persons like gurus from the east or priests from the west just try colonize west or east 'selling' their religion.
But we are not talking about those priests or gurus or Hinduism or Christianity as institutional religions but as concepts and their deeper meanings.

Jani

New User

(53)

Monday, July 14th 2014, 3:07pm

I agree about the similarities completely. I want to talk about a social and a cultural differences since the maranatha flamer already brought it up. They may be outer layers but are mine. I won't throw away values and wisdom learned from my ancestors. I learned they are not worse than any others after all.

PallasAthene

Silver Member

(193)

Reputation modifier: 6

Experience: 418,758

Monday, July 14th 2014, 9:24pm

Don't throw anything away what is yours.

And don't forget that our prime ancestors are Adam & Eve, which were black peoples from Africa.

that has been proved by examination of the DNA fingerprinting in female mitochondria.

To talk about social and cultural diffences means finally to define our cultural group. (btw: what means flamer?) :rolleyes:

Jani

New User

(53)

Monday, July 14th 2014, 10:01pm

Thanx PallasAthene! I guess our group is multicultural.

Flamer is someone who is posting messages with intent to provoke an angry response over the topic the poster often has no interest in ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet) ).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jani" (Jul 14th 2014, 10:34pm)