(29)

• "vlasta" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 17 [?]

Experience: 13,093

Next Level: 13,278

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 2:59pm

How influence can have YIDL or some other such community on family

I have never been member of YIDL, because I don´t trust in it. I don´t like if somebody manipulate with other people and especially their mind . But my husband met swami one day and he decided to became a member of YIDL. We had two little children in this time and this decision had unfortunately bad influence on our family. He had no time for our children and no time for me. He made everything for YIDL and swami. The Foto´s of swami were also in our flat on the wall so swami "lived with us and was always with us together " although I didn´want it .After many discussion with my husband we decided for divorce . It´s turn our life.

:(

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 463,540

Next Level: 555,345

Thursday, September 11th 2014, 11:32pm

HI vlasta,
We don't know the details of your story so I'm just saying all this hypothetically...

from what you wrote I guess your experience is not particularly connected with a question of cult problematic. If swampy was authentic teacher, helping people and teaching them yoga, meditation and creative lifestyle your story would just be a story of two people choosing different lifestyles and beliefs.
Some people just dislike any kind of authorities and some other people need guidance ( which also makes them vulnerable) and teachers, role models...
If swampy was an authentic teacher, which he is not, having his photos shouldn't be a problem. Problem is when someone is neglecting his family and spending too much money on his spiritual 'growth'. But also , sometimes there is unnecessary tension if one partner finds inspiration in yoga or similar philosophy/practice and other partner has no understanding for the other's one enthusiasm or will to follow or even tolerate his new ideas and changes in behavior etc.

Unfortunately, in most of these cases, people are just seduced by fake gurus and become so greedy for ''spiritual goals'' that they become blind for anything else,and sometimes even with authentic teachers , students become so selfish ad irresponsible and neglect their families '' in search of the higher goals ''.
And when you have kids this selfishness is even more harmful and obvious.

It's kind of a drug and addiction...like one of a small child that always wants another story, another fairy tale to keep the imaginary world alive, like a rabbit falling down the hole deeper and deeper once you start accepting ''teachings''
However if you got divorced only because of his fascination with swampy it was just a test of your relationship. Or better say, your husband's devotion to you and your kids.
And his DYDL trip had actually just brought those impurities up to the surface, made them more obvious, made his priorities show crystal clear.
We don't know the details of your story so I'm just saying all this hypothetically...
Divorce is not necessarily such a bad thing.

Jani

New User

(53)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 33,278

Next Level: 38,246

Friday, September 12th 2014, 9:56pm

As many of us unfortunately found out there is a cult of personality behind nice yogic postures and their friendly words. I feel sorry for you and your children. I wish you to move on, to possibly find someone better. Don't worry about your ex husband. He is not worth it.