You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Liberty

New User

(30)

• "Liberty" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 58,805

Next Level: 62,494

Friday, November 25th 2011, 1:16pm

would be interesting to see the results of such a comparison!

Veritas

Silver Member

(82)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 440,317

Next Level: 453,790

Friday, November 25th 2011, 3:19pm

Here is some of that "programme's source code"

Quoted

from Living Light, edition 1982 page 37.

One day, in front of a group of people who had assembled all their camp, Sri D...puriji told M.......bhuji to bring him prasad. He brought the offering and held it out to his master on his right hand. Sri D...puriji took the outstretched hand and cut it deeply with his knife. The people gasped, but M.......bhuji gave no sign of pain or alarm. He quietly took a seat before his master and wrapped a cloth around his wounded hand.
On the following day Sri D...puriji again demanded prasad. Again M.......bhuji made his offering, this time with his left hand, and as before, Sri D...puriji cut him. The people who saw this happen were shocked into silence and wondered greatly what it could mean.
With a genial smile, Sri D...puriji explained what he had done. "Deep, I have done this for a purpose. In cutting your hands I have filled them with such an abundance of energy that anyone on whom you choose to lay them will be blessed with bliss, success, and prosperity."
M.......bhuji bowed his head and replied, "satguru, what­ever you do is a blessing."
On the third day, Sri D...puriji again demanded prasad. When M.......bhuji brought and humbly offered it, Sri D...puriji asked him, "Deep, are you at all frightened ?"
M.......bhuji replied, No, Holy Master, I have no fear. How could I be afraid when you are near me ?''
Sri D...puriji was pleased by this answer. He told his disciple, to ask for what he most desired. The answer came promptly and clearly, "What I most desire, Divinity, is constant light everywhere. I beg that your mercy may allow the attain­ment of self-realization for all devotees of your path, that they may have complete and constant awareness of your spirit, formed and formless."
The incarnation of Lord Shiva replied, "It shall be so." Then he rose and picked up a spear that was by his side. He thrust its point into M.......bhuji's back. It pierced his spinal column and the blood flowed freely. Bhagwan Sri Deep Narayan M.......bhuji neither moved nor shed tears, and his master smiled on hint as he said, "You are a very great soul and a brave man. Your radiance is as great as the sun's; yours is the soul's living light. Be blessed and spread the flame of spiritual know­ledge to the souls who are entangled in the delusion and darkness of worldly materialism," And then he pulled out the spear. Some cloth was burned and put an the wound as a dressing to stop the bleeding, and immediately Sri D...puriji disappeared into the hills. M.......bhuji retired to meditate on the great blessing which had been bestowed on him. His wounds caused him no pain and healed with a miraculous quickness. He wore the scars of them throughout his life, however, as a faithful of what he had willingly undergone, complete and trusting submission to God can bring only blessings.

Source: Living Light

I look forward to your comments and analysis.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 455,223

Next Level: 555,345

Friday, November 25th 2011, 10:30pm

in other words: guru can do whatever he wants , if something goes wrong it is your fault , not his. all the responsibility is on your shoulders. And this opens the door wide to sexual abuse- explains how it could happen in the first place with no objections and for so long. and why it took years to wake up from that nightmare. :fool;

Reputation modifier: 2

Experience: 61,577

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 7:32am

Mahaprabhuji was a probably a simple desert yogi.

over the last 6 months i have been wondering who Mah...huji really was..

My opinion at the moment is that Mah...huji was a probably a simple desert yogi.living in the desrrt of rajasthan...
We know he lived in Khatu Ashram which is now owned by his family, and that swampy doesn't like to go there but his disciples beg him (this happened in christmas 2007 when i went).
We know SwamiDeep had disciples, and that Gu...ji was one of them.

But all the other stuff we don't know. He may have has levels of Self-realisation, but i doubt he was an avatar.
Many of the stories in Lila Amrit are far-fetched, from flowers falling from the sky when he was born, to his meeting with Mahatma Gandhi..

It would be VERY interesting for someone to go to Khatu now and really ask the villagers who Mah...huji was.

When i was with the christmas group in christmas 2007, we went to the birthplace of mah...huji, i remember being surprised at how it was walkign distance form bari khatu ashram and swampy had never been there before. it would be interesting to really ask these villagers if they know anything..

My greatest prayer for 10 years when i served yidl ashrams full-time was to be a light of Mahaprabhuji, he was my ishta Devata. I realise now the feelings of Bhakti were real and worked because i was praying to the divine light in the form, and when you pray with sincerity and devotion is works, but it doesn't been he was an avatar or that lila-amrit is real..

So anyway, this is what i think. Swami Deep - Mah...huji, was a simple desert yogi, who was used by gu...ji and swampy to make themselves look good, part of a great lineage..

Reputation modifier: 2

Experience: 61,577

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 12:17am

just wanted to correct, it was christmas group end of 2004, we went to the village near khatu which was suppose to be mah...hujis birthplace. Swampy had never been there before, we were pointed out a room which MP was suppose to have stayed. It was the usual village satsang, sitting on carpet on the dirt in the sun for hours.
I remember thinking? How come swampy has never been here? its so close to khatu, its walkign distance, but in the book i don't think it is so close. It all seemed odd, but i just brushed it aside.

And it was Christmas 2007 when we the group was staying in Bari Khatu, swapy did not want to go to Mp ashram. Thr group begged him, so only those that never been went. swampy did not go. a big donation had to be given to MP family for letting swampy's disciples go there..

I had heard back in 2002 from jas... that gu...ji was not present at mah...hu mahasamadhi, that he had run away, and jas... said " i want to find out why". I wonder if Jas... has found out now?
I also heard the gu...ji had run away a few other times..
but then he wrote a book about what a great disciple he and his nephew is, without mentioning he has run away..
I think gu...ji loved mah...bhu, he wrote all those bhajans. And for sure Mp has some greatness and light..
but think of the context, how educated was gu...ji?
the context of the gu...ji life and the book was desert rural village rajasthan, very folky, superstitious, hindu culture. of course he would have written his guru was some incarnation of a hindu god, they all write that as a means of respect..

anyway, just some thoughts...

unexde

New User

(11)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 22 [?]

Experience: 46,249

Next Level: 49,025

Monday, November 28th 2011, 7:22pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8SwY2NqJ7k&feature=related

master have explained everything :)

(if I can repeat my question again - does exist an another proof of Alakh existence than LilA? - maybe google cannot answer every issue.. or this parampara have started in fantasy? ohm sorry - in meditation?)

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,154

Next Level: 677,567

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 11:17pm

Don't miss out on this latest piece of YIDL propaganda, this time disguised as a (pseudo-) scholarly research paper. Running out of politicians' endorsements, he has apparently turned to a category of humans he has always treated with sheer contempt: scholars and intellectuals, in this case a "literary historian". Just skip ahead to the section Examples and approaches where the absurdity really takes off.

The old gUru is cited, revealing his unorthodox data-collection methodology:

"I always checked the dates of events and names of the participants to give the message as much authenticity as possible... Eventually I am giving to the readers what was revealed to me in meditation."

The author of this "study" clearly feels that this is a bit too much, so he launches into an entire distinctly apologist section, trying to justify relying on "intuition, meditation and revelation" as an "unusual research technique". Towards the end, to conclude, he uses the following quote due to swAmi:

"It is not easy to explain to people that what they read in many beautiful books is not the truth."

For once, I cannot disagree.

mangotree

Bronze Member

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 28 [?]

Experience: 173,976

Next Level: 195,661

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 11:51pm

It is so interesting how the yidl orange fabrication team cannot resist to involve Gandhi in this

"Gandhi himself knew about him and met him (and Mahaprabhuji interpreted the past to him and foretold the successful ending of his effort – the independence of India)."

Does any evidence exist that is not authored by yidl that such a meeting took place?
Where and when did this meeting take place?
Which town, in which district, on what date?

Since Gandhi's life was really quite public and well documented it would be reasonable to expect that this detail could be found in some public records.
aaaahhhh.... but don't tell me Maha... was far too humble to 'allow' his name to be written in any record... the epitome of humility... and it is our blessing to 'believe'...

At least the mighty concept of Ojas is brought down to earth by Vivekananda:
'This is the power of ojas.“ (1) Vivekananda adds that this charisma is within each of us, some manifest it less, some more." '
So the mighty ojas is simply charisma...

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

Experience: 515,678

Sunday, December 4th 2011, 12:09am

So the mighty ojas is simply charisma...

Sometimes charisma, sometimes "prashad", always good thing :thumbsup:

mah

New User

(39)

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 80,752

Next Level: 100,000

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 8:49am

Was Mahaprabhuji really an Avatar?

Who knows but i guess we are all Avatars when it comes down to it (you know - whatever an avatar is and whoever we are).

But i have to say that the trip i made to Khatu in 1994(ish) was just out of this world. It was the sort of place that an Avatar (if there is such a thing) would dwell. And whether he was an Avatar or not i do not doubt that he was a badass Yogi.

Veritas

Silver Member

(82)

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 440,317

Next Level: 453,790

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 8:53am

Have you met him? ?(

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,154

Next Level: 677,567

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 4:24pm

Badass? Seriously? Maybe his old man was an asskicker, but Mahaprabhuji has always struck me as pretty lame, almost boring. Too square, no spark, no mischief, an eternally patronizing dullard. His many bhajans are really just one bhajan, endlessly re-regurgitated. I honestly don't get it, why anyone would be impressed, let alone smitten by him.

And all the "miracles"? Give me a break. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. :whistling:

Thre are many other examples of real mythological badasses: Rama, Beowulf, Perseus, Thor, Yoda, Spiderman... As Veritas pointed out, no, I have never met any of them.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 9:43pm

But i have to say that the trip i made to Khatu in 1994(ish) was just out of this world. It was the sort of place that an Avatar (if there is such a thing) would dwell. And whether he was an Avatar or not i do not doubt that he was a badass Yogi.

hm, interesting...but could it be that you came there with 2 things -
1. with the placebo-like expectations/ mental programming of the sacred space, at the time
2. very open, very sensitive and purified so that your yoga practice and meditation made you hypersensitive to the outer world in general ?

:huh:

mah

New User

(39)

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 80,752

Next Level: 100,000

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 10:46pm

hm, interesting...but could it be that you came there with 2 things -
1. with the placebo-like expectations/ mental programming of the sacred space, at the time
2. very open, very sensitive and purified so that your yoga practice and meditation made you hypersensitive to the outer world in general ?
Definitely on both counts .. nice observation. It does not take away too much from it being a special experience though.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 2:12pm

special experiences ...are life changing and soo nice... but many times and for many of us may be misleading...
specially if we connect them with the wrong 'sources' they may become harmful.
Usually we don't try to somehow understand them or at least how did we get into, or created, the conditions that made them possible to happen .
It is not easy ( or possible ) to " understand " such experiences, also if they are very strong spiritual experiences , somehow we don't feel like rationalizing too much about it,.. since we feel they are above mind ( and they are,at least the very nature of such experiences is so different from the kind of experience/satisfaction that comes out of nice rational and logical thinking ).

I had some 'experiences' when I was young , that inspired me so much, but at a time I had no teacher of any kind, or some special sacred place precognition, so I just connected them with something called god's mercy and the places where they took place became my 'sacred places', but most of all my sacred place and my teacher became my own mind or better say my consciousness.

I guess your trigger was that trip to India, and looks like that something happened...maybe a group ( of devotees ) that came there with you also made a part of that trigger , and the holly place itself, soaked with spiritual vibrations from , if nothing else, many visiting pilgrims, maybe it was just one spontaneous "dive" into some beautiful dark Indian eyes of the villager..whatever did it , you will always have this experience as a gift of divine consciousness to you- what I feel important is that you should always have in mind to keep striving to live from that state of consciousness ( since it is as close to your true best Self as you can get ( at least that is how I felt )) wherever and whenever you may dwell