You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

• "Tony" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 612,375

Next Level: 677,567

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 5:41am

One of the Sickest Stories Ever Invented

The OM ashram blog is offering a special treat, a lecture on Sraddha from April. Towards the bottom of the transcript, swAmi once again delivers what I consider one of the sickest, most revolting stories of his entire repertoire: Upmanyu.

I am sure you have heard it many times, if not, by all means do read it. It must be read.

The concept of the story is beyond disgusting. Any normal person from any civilized country watching this "Master" would either immediately call the police or at least child social services. The sole purpose of this sick obscenity is justification of child abuse, of slavery, of abject sadism.

It closes with this invocation [emphasis mine]:

"May every disciple be like him. And every Master is searching for such a disciple. The Master takes care of every disciple each moment and, at the same time, He is searching his border of unbearable pain."

Unbelievable... no sense of normalcy whatsoever.

Angela

New User

(69)

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 55,619

Next Level: 62,494

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 10:43pm

Very interesting. Left me speechless. Madness. It´s so good to be watching it from the outside and see the sickness of it all.

unexde

New User

(11)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 22 [?]

Experience: 47,052

Next Level: 49,025

Monday, June 4th 2012, 1:18pm

is this Yoga?
or just dydl?
or what..?

What is the message for subconcessness of the swAmis disciples?!

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 462,998

Next Level: 555,345

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:34pm

so , basically this is what this little sick story told us:

1.The only thing that counts is bhakti, devotion to The Master.
He will give you nothing, he will torture you as much as he likes, use you and abuse you as much as he wants , and if you are good , masochistic obedient puppet , eventually in the end, you'll get enlightened by the guru's blessing" - or put it this way " the only way to the enlightenment is to find a sadistic guru- just the fact that you are obedient and devoted as a sick dog is enough to make you divine. one day. "
You should better be sure you found the right guru in the first place, not just some sadistic psychopath that pretends to be one.
Because there's nothing at the end of the road , in that case...

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 24 [?]

Experience: 62,636

Next Level: 79,247

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:08am

yep, he is sadistic. He likes to see his "disciples" suffer, he says he pushes them to the point of pain. Its about power and control. its to make him feel powerful.

This is not love, this is not spiritual, this is not how to find God.

When you look at it from a distance, its crazy... it is sick, its wrong, its sad.

Do you all remember the story about hanging off a cliff and God comes along and says let-go, and its about trust. But the message of the story is die for your guru. You can see how suicide cults happen...

mah

New User

(39)

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 82,249

Next Level: 100,000

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 2:33am

For my 2 cents i really am divided on this one. On the one hand there is a terrible danger of exploitation in this kind of intense master disciple relationship. On the other hand that tough Master / Disciple relationship is very old and pretty much ubiquitous in all human cultures - i think if entered into in the correct spirit that it has merit. I think that pain is a part of it and it makes any betrayal all the worse.

eyesopen

New User

(56)

Level: 20 [?]

Experience: 24,337

Next Level: 29,658

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 6:37am

Went to see this movie called "Kumare"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAbQfPwbeA

It was scary it was so similar to what Swampy has done in the past, unfortunately Swampy dosen't have the same courage to be honest at the end. I would recommend it, if you have the chance to see it. It definately made me squirm in places as I could see the glaring similarities of being in a cult. :crazy:

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

• "Tony" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 612,375

Next Level: 677,567

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 5:23am

Here is a wordle, generated by the said satsang. For those of you who do not know what a wordle is, it is a wonderful visualization technique to illustrate the frequencies with which various words are used in a piece of text. The more often a particular word occurs, the larger it appears.

Very telling....
Tony has attached the following image:
  • Wordle.png

PremP

New User

(22)

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 55,893

Next Level: 62,494

Friday, June 15th 2012, 12:48am

This is indeed sickening. Just as well I never took big O as my spiritual master. Observing his lectures was disgusting enough.(Kindergarden Level) & all the good work like Yoga,Meditation & Kriya's taught by Seniors. During all my travels to India I saw yoga master as old as 90 yrs age still in optimum health, well disciplined and performing all postures. This is a wake up call to all still sound asleep. Ding Ding.

Jani

New User

(53)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 33,237

Next Level: 38,246

Friday, March 28th 2014, 7:54pm

Use or abuse of power

Here is my two cents. In principle it is simple to differentiate between the two: There is no abuse when all involved parties agree to participation. But as soon as the masochist side no longer agrees with the situation the game should be stopped. Or it becomes an abusive game because obviously the feedback is not respected. Thus it is primarily a matter of trust and respect and not the levels of pain the individuals can bear. In my experience the sadist side usually lacks a respect and trust which consequently leads to abuse. As they say absolute power corrupts absolutely.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 462,998

Next Level: 555,345

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 7:00pm

quote: "There is no abuse when all involved parties agree to participation"

hmmmmm.. 'agree' is questionable. can somebody 'agree' if he feels no desire, will or power to confront

you see , there's no really two parties involved in many relationships- for example: children are not able to express their will because they in most cases feel that parent or an older person should be obeyed ( abusive parents and pedophiles get use of this fact very often ) and they confuse their wil and desire with one of the older person...and they feel guilt if not doing so. .
similarly , in spirituality , in guru - disciple relation, guru takes the role of a parent, and disciple gives his trust as a child, sometimes blindly.

Jani

New User

(53)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 33,237

Next Level: 38,246

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:47pm

quote: "There is no abuse when all involved parties agree to participation"

hmmmmm.. 'agree' is questionable. can somebody 'agree' if he feels no desire, will or power to confront

you see , there's no really two parties involved in many relationships- for example: children are not able to express their will because they in most cases feel that parent or an older person should be obeyed ( abusive parents and pedophiles get use of this fact very often ) and they confuse their wil and desire with one of the older person...and they feel guilt if not doing so. .
similarly , in spirituality , in guru - disciple relation, guru takes the role of a parent, and disciple gives his trust as a child, sometimes blindly.
That's true. This explains why these children often fight their demons alone for years and sometimes even decades before they tell the story. Blind faith and unconditional love come handy to an accomplished sadist; Someone who enjoys in misery of others, who's happiness comes from hurting others.