You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

• "Tony" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,884

Next Level: 677,567

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 4:30am

A Gift of Vedas?

So we are told, the Master has donated the latest edition of the Vedas to the Slovak National Library.

Until you visit Martin, Slovakia, you can check it out online. Or, get the Kindle edition for $3 here. (Warning, it's exceptionally boring, so unless you are a history nerd, you will be disappointed).

The article is comical on many levels, mainly for the overwrought account of a rather mundane event. Okay, it is a nice oversized edition, and it is probably more classy than Obama giving Queen Elizabeth an iPod. But, seriously "Today, the [library] collections were given a soul"? And how about the late Cyril and Methodius described as "rishis"? And definitely, positively, not "the oldest known scriptures of human race." The Pyramid Texts beat them by an almost one thousand years.

But, more importantly, one wonders, does he (or his followers) actually know what's in the Vedas? The opus has some passages that are essentially the Hindu equivalent of the infamous Book of Levicitus of the Old Testament. (I suspect most Christians never read it either, and if they did they'd recoil in horror and blamed it on translation.) I suppose these books are very old, from another time. A piece of history? Definitely. But "invaluable source of wisdom and knowledge"?

For starters, Google "Vedas animal sacrifice ". Or arm yourself with patience and try to digest this fine wisdom example.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 455,778

Next Level: 555,345

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:22am

The Show must go on! Yeah!
The Show must go on!
I'll face it with a grin!
I'm never giving in!
On with the show!

I'll top the bill!
I'll overkill!
I have to find the will to carry on!
On with the show!
On with the show!

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 9:11pm

What I find interesting is the form of his comeback. What one might naively expect is that there would be now more emphasis on "normalcy", back-to-basics physical exercises, health, relaxation, and all that. "Yoga makes shiny happy people. Sign up now. Hare Om!" Instead, we are getting even more of deeply deranged stuff, such as this endorsement of epic, yet embarrassingly dated Bronze Age nonsense. Vedas should definitely be studied, but only to appreciate just how much the humankind has advanced since the times when books like that passed for knowledge. No intelligent person can possibly present them as a source of wisdom today.

But then again, this is exactly the way it has to be. Courageous, questioning, critically thinking people are probably lost for the organization forever. They will not come back. People who simply want to do physical yoga for their health have many other options, they go to yoga centers that are untarnished by controversies, and that are frankly, better. So the only customers that YIDL can retain and recruit are the obedient, the frightened, and the lonely, and hence the emphasis on all this far out stuff.

It is very sad, actually, that as a result of what we have done here, in terms of exposing the sex scandal and the rotten nature of the cult, the organization has clearly moved even further towards the extreme end of the spectrum.

Reputation modifier: 3

Level: 21 [?]

Experience: 31,977

Next Level: 38,246

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 9:24am

But there's a lot of work to do for the local yidl followers in the Martin area now. Planting 1.5 million trees, my God! How many volunteers do they have? This will cause lots of back problems, I hope the asanas will support them in this. :)

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:52am

Planting 1.5 million trees, my God!
You are right, there is this new increased emphasis on environmentalism, peace, non-violence and other positive platitudes. Everything is very good and safe and universally agreeable, except so banal that it amounts to, as usual, exactly nothing.

To put the number in perspective, Resolute Forest Products, one of the largest paper and lumber companies in the world, managing about 15 million hectares of fully sustainable forests, plants about 25 million trees a year. They have just planted their billionth tree two weeks ago.

Also, check this .

batawe

Bronze Member

(39)

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 27 [?]

Experience: 134,745

Next Level: 157,092

Friday, October 26th 2012, 1:27pm

"Let not thy dear soul burn thee as thou comest, let not the hatchet linger in thy body.
Let not a greedy clumsy immolator, missing the joints, mangle thy limbs unduly.
21 No, here thou diest not, thou art not injured: by easy paths unto the Gods thou goest.
Both Bays, both spotted mares are now thy fellows, and to the ass's pole is yoked the Charger.
22 May this Steed bring us all-sustaining riches, wealth in good kine, good horses, manly offspring.
Freedom from sin may Aditi vouchsafe us: the Steed with our oblations gain us lordship!"

well, it's probably all impregnated with simbolic meaning:))),
the ability of human mind, and the ability to raise ourselves, 'above' or the 'beyond' the needs of
directly confronting reality and it's needs/demands (reality principle according to Freud), the same
being inwardly 'appropriated' and managed with superego, a 'descendant' of ethical and moral logic,
fostered by the sacred fathers of truth, all of that feeds the sacred structures and man's pride for rising above the sensuality,
the masterdom, the control over the "animal ' nature in us, so let's sacrifice some goats, chickens and mares, pour the oblations into the sacred fire and gain Lordship!,
and let the manly offspring come forth, the rulers, the law abiders and givers, the truth messengers, the worshippers of Father's Law and the Mighty Horse Powered machines of Supratruthnalia! And I guess that the charged fire spurts out through the ass's pole:):))))