You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

narayan

New User

(10)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 11 [?]

Experience: 2,004

Next Level: 2,074

Friday, May 16th 2014, 12:26am

Thank you for this strong message for non-victimization; it brought tears to my eyes.

Thank_You

Bronze Member

(192)

Reputation modifier: 7

Level: 26 [?]

Experience: 115,832

Next Level: 125,609

Friday, May 16th 2014, 9:27am

Thank you for the translation, I want to most importantly re-stress that people " in the know" in Swampis circle continue with deceit to lure new people into the organisation and continue to deceive the ones who do not know and are still stuck in there. Their choice to decide for themselves has been taken away.

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 29 [?]

Experience: 202,763

Next Level: 242,754

Monday, May 19th 2014, 8:45pm

Videos for intended targets

I still feel that everyone should make a video, speak their minds, and put it on YouTube, like I did. Reading someone's statement is not the same as looking at them and hearing what they say. Now, to "Thank you": You obviously fight your battles in secret, Swampy's people don't advertise his coming to Australia, I suppose you and the others have something to do with that? It's a step in the right direction, no doubt. But I still feel that for the intended "targets" of the Yoga group, it would be very, very helpful to be able to look at you, (yes, you!), and listen to what you have to say. If you do that, I will also put up a video again, saying my piece. What are you afraid of? You used the fear of legal problems in the beginning, is that still your main concern? Is it shame? Guilt? Isn't' that all the stuff that we should overcome on our spiritual journey? It can't be fear for personal safety, because after what I said and did, I'm still alive, and doing rather well!

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

• "falseswamiji" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 443,780

Next Level: 453,790

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 2:35pm

Empathy Elisabeth... Girls are tired of insults and threats, they want to leave it all behind, not to talk about it till the end of their life.
I guess they had no will to expose their image publicly in the beginning, and by now they are all tired of it all.
It took courage and energy to speak out. huge stress to discuss it all with their friends, families, ex-friends etc...

just let them rest. information is out there... they know video would make an impact, but I guess their idea was not war against swampy but just to open their hearts and speak the truth. just to open that channel of truth to the world , and I admire them for that.

If they ever decide to make a video they'll make it without pressure from the outside...

Thank_You

Bronze Member

(192)

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 4:12am

dear "rather well"

You did not put in an 18 hour day, 7 days a week ,10 or 20 or 30 years later in PIDL, to a cause that you truly believed in. Investing time and money and nurturing our ideals and beliefs in this system.
During this time we also neglected our families, friends, lived on very very small amounts of money and neglected our own self nurturing and security. This also includes not having children, not setting up for old age, neglecting a career.

It is our beliefs that which we use to encounter and counter what is happening in the world and in developing ourselves.

Our beliefs are the primary source in which we use to solve problems, feel empathy, compassion, love, nurturing, It is involved at every level of decision making and enjoyment of life.

If the very basis of which your beliefs and trust are based upon has been taken away or abused or used there is by neccessity a long recovery including not harbouring anger, resentment and learning to enjoy life again, connecting with the world again and re-establishing ourselves again.

It is up to the individual to decide what is the best way for them to do this.

I will also thank you in advance "rather well" to not to address me personally in this forum with your ideas, as you have no idea!
What we or they or anyone has gone through when we left.

Your remarks are crude and lack empathy.
---------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

TO THE INDIVIDUAL EX-BHAKTA ,

Be sure to take the time you need to heal and in the way of your choosing,
Get professional help if needed,

Recognise what it is you need to heal.
Self nurture, self nurture, self nurture

There is no need to feel guilt
or shame .You have done nothing wrong.

You are loved

You are worthy and worthwhile person

You matter deeply

With lots of
LOVE and deep appreciation

Thank_You xooxoxoxoxox

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 29 [?]

Experience: 202,763

Next Level: 242,754

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 8:04pm

I didn't mean the girls making a video, I was speaking to "Thank you", sorry about the misunderstanding.

To "Thank you": You are using the fact that you worked like a slave and totally dedicated yourself to totally discount what I'm saying. In your mind it's "Oh, we never saw Elisabeth much, she can't obviously be hurt like us, she has no right really to complain" And to use your words: "You really have no idea". No, you have no idea, you can't see into my mind.

And speaking of lack of empathy? What did you do the day my brother died? You and the others refused to let me see Swami H when I knocked on the door. In my naivety I had this notion of him praying for my brother, and that it would make a difference, seeing he was a disciple of the big O. How innocent I was! You told me that day, after I cried out: "There is no love in this ashram, only rules and regulations", you said: "No, Elisabeth, there is love!"

Well, now I know what kind of love there was, thanks to this forum, the physical form of love! You turned me away that day, you were totally filled with prejudice against me, yet had your own little secrets. How bad is that? And you continue to measure me and judge me, saying my words are crude and I lack empathy.

I think you didn't do all this work out of care for others, no way. Your attitude shows me a person who is more concerned with looking out for herself, and who uses the fact of her hard labor to totally discount what others might have to say. Why do you think I never got involved much? The way you treated me that day was disgusting. I wanted to get involved and help, but my awareness extends to other people, and I have seen many people in the ashram treated quite badly, and leave out of disgust. The whole thing was more like a hard labor camp, where feelings of people didn't count for so much, and they were just used as little workers and slaves. Yes, you might see yourself like a slave, makes you feel sorry for yourself, but you made lots of little slaves out of people, and you didn't treat some of them so well. If there was more "love", I'm sure you wouldn't have run into so much trouble later, with numbers going down. I remember there was discussion of teaching other classes, other than Yoga, and I thought, well, that's the end now.

I wasn't surprised, though. I've seen so many people who were disgusted by the treatment they received, and by how things were run. And now you cry: "Poor me". Well, I totally understand your pain. But what gets me, is that you are so fixed, so short-sighted, so selfish and self-centered, as not to see that other people, who weren't seen so much, could also be in incredible pain.

Right from when I put my first complaint about the big O on the Internet, in a local forum, I was branded crazy, etc. etc. LKS told me not to come to Dungog, I wasn't welcome. The same thing: "How could she have a problem? We never see her?" As I know now, you never had a taste of the big O's Siddhis. You therefore have no idea about my experiences with him, and the kind of connection I had. Staying away from the ashram was something that had a lot to do with you and some of your closest helpers, that was all.

Your lack of understanding amazes me. All these years of meditation, and still no basic understanding of people. Now you cry about your own pain, but you never, ever, right from the beginning had any empathy for my pain, how could you? You lacked understanding, for that I forgive you.

And don't say I don't understand your pain, it was me, after all, who put a basic website together, trying to help people and teach them, putting links to Steven Hassan and Margaret Singer and other very helpful information from people who know a lot about cults and how to leave them. I wanted to help the ones in pain, like me. That included you as well. I knew you'd all be ready for the asylum and would take years to recover, just like it was for me. And don't tell me again that I can't have been in that much pain, that is a totally wrong assumption on your behalf.

And if you want to be childish again and give me bad reputation points on this forum, you just confirm to me what I have always thought of you: You're a strict matron, lacking empathy and wanting to control people around you. And freedom of speech doesn't go down so well for you, does it?

And I say it again: The way you left, and your lack of official statements for the reasons behind it, shows me a person who is more concerned about herself, rather than other people. You're looking out for yourself, that's all.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elisabeth" (May 21st 2014, 8:15pm)

Thank_You

Bronze Member

(192)

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 11:50pm

''rather well'' , we have never met.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests