You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Liberty

New User

(30)

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 58,847

Next Level: 62,494

Friday, November 25th 2011, 1:12pm

i remember that whenever i came across or met some new people in my country from Indian origin, and them having been borne and lived in India before emigrating, I would tell them about Maha....ji and they never had a clue who i was talking about, in fact they looked very puzzled as to who this great avatar could be since they have never even heard of him. this happened more than once with different people, and every time the same reaction: " nope, we don't know who that is", but we were told that he was so famous and well-known in india and had thousands of followers... :blush: (no) :bang:

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 23 [?]

Experience: 49,181

Next Level: 62,494

Friday, November 25th 2011, 3:05pm

Very known

Yes, Liberty, it is strange. And just one man on satsang says, that he is the one who was saved by Maha....in compare to thousands of mirackles in Lila it is too less. If it is true, than whole India would know him, but no one instead of uncle lineage says about such avatars. Strange.

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,575

Next Level: 677,567

Friday, November 25th 2011, 6:29pm

Most of my educated Indian friends' summary of the entire state of Rajasthan is "That's a just a desert, there's absolutely nothing there. There are so many other, really beautiful places in India to visit instead." Prejudiced, ignorant, westernized, materialistic, dark souls, I suppose.

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,575

Next Level: 677,567

Friday, November 25th 2011, 8:12pm

In this context, I would also like to point out Randi's challenge, which still stands after ten years.

Now more than ever, YIDL could use an extra million bucks. (Plus there are many smaller, regional skeptic organizations with their own awards, that may all add up to at least another million.) We all know swAmi is not interested in money personally, but just consider the charitable work you could do with that: build a school, pay for vaccinations, clean water systems, and so on. Why leave this cash on the table?

Plus, an instant vindication, global visibility, bhajans on CNN, bhaktas rejoicing, all will be well, except for us.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests