You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Beyond Orange. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Reputation modifier: 8

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 455,119

Next Level: 555,345

Monday, October 31st 2011, 2:01pm

batawe

Bronze Member

(39)

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 27 [?]

Experience: 134,550

Next Level: 157,092

Monday, October 31st 2011, 7:59pm

maybe time will come when some of you won't care anymore if somebody possesses siddhis or not, it's irrelevant,,there are much more important things to handle and deal with in your own life and there is no time to waste on questions: is he a real santa or not...it doesn't matter...it matters only to ones who need the consolation and probably want to preoccupy themselves with somebody elses' abilities; what does it have to do with you?, as a simple chap said: who cares mate!--- :bang:

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Monday, October 31st 2011, 8:06pm

it is important , specially if people are afraid of leaving him. that's why it is important to discuss it from all the angles.

Sendy

New User

(12)

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 12 [?]

Experience: 2,116

Next Level: 2,912

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 8:24pm

During my visit in jadan I was surprised how much XXX knows about us. What is happening in the kitchen when we finished the exercise and so on. Then one day I helped clean the XXX apartment and I found out why. There were a few telescopes in the apartmant. I do not believe that XXX has any sidhi

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 29 [?]

Experience: 207,980

Next Level: 242,754

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 9:38pm

Roman, I wanted to read Sendy's last post here. On the first page it was next to the Siddhis thread, it said last post by "Sendy" at 9.24pm, but when I opened it, it wasn't there? Thanks. ?(

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 9:40pm

Sooorrry, it is there...Oops. Ignore previous post.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

• "Roman" started this thread

Experience: 515,561

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 11:01pm

Elisabeth:

Sooorrry, it is there...Oops. Ignore previous post.

Three times is a charm, you get one more :thumbup:

PallasAthene

Silver Member

(193)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 32 [?]

Experience: 428,797

Next Level: 453,790

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 11:04pm

speakup

New User

Level: 24 [?]

Experience: 63,655

Next Level: 79,247

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 10:06am

I have had a couple of experiences with S. which were quite unnerving and did make me believe that he may have some sort of power to read minds - one of these was when he was visiting Brisbane one year and as I was at home getting ready to go to satsang I was singing "Door of my heart' over and over (yes weird I know) - when I got to the centre he was yet to enter the main hall, I was waiting just near the entry - as he walked in he began singing 'Door of my heart' and looked straight at me. I was really quite shocked by this and it seemed to be very significant at the time. I have thought about this a lot ...

I think that possibly this has something to do with us developing a strong emotional connection to S. and this connection can allow some communication on a deeper level - I am not sure whether this is a siddhi or something else. I have two sons, who I obviously love dearly, and there are times when I know what is going on with them eg. when they are upset or distressed - even when they are not with me. I don't consider this to be a siddhi but something related to that close maternal bond - very difficult to describe or explain.
The other thing I believe is that whether or not he has siddhis is not really very relevant - all spiritual teachings in different traditions say that siddhis are not important and that they are just a distraction. They also pose a trap on the spiritual path as if someone develops a siddhi they can potentially abuse it for the wrong reasons - get trapped by its power.

I think this issue and our beliefs can also be confused and influenced by the group influence and belief system in Y..., where people speak about his siddhis as if it is an unquestionable truth. I remember hearing a senior swami talking about how S. has Trikaldarshi - knowledge of past, present and future - in quite a matter of fact way. This is a bit like the way the miracles in the Lila Amrit are talked about as if they are unquestionable truth. Trouble is when we hear this stuff enough times, especially from 'senior' people we begin to believe it and it then becomes our 'truth'.

In the end, while it is an interesting topic - even if it could be proved he has siddhis, what difference does it make in this situation where there are serious allegations about his conduct? Siddhis don't 'maketh the man'.

falseswamiji

Silver Member

(304)

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 10:57am

First let's clear out something: were you singing it inside your head or loud?
if he has telescopes who know what else he's got.
Roman mentioned spying devices- it may be a whole machinery behind the scenes to perform such " miracles" , maybe not only him being a part of the team designed to manipulate people ?

Or he maybe just like Darren Brown, capable of some siddhis, who knows? I hope he does , otherwise all thing would be so much more sad and cheap.

speakup

New User

Level: 24 [?]

Experience: 63,655

Next Level: 79,247

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 10:01pm

I was singing out loud - I was at my home - no possibility of listening devices.

Falseswamiji I am not sure if you are meaning my experience is 'sad and cheap'? :thumbdown:

Just to clarify, I am not trying to convince anyone of the presence or otherwise of siddhis - just sharing an experience I had to contribute to the discussion.

Roman

Silver Member

(212)

• "Roman" started this thread

Experience: 515,561

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 11:19pm

I think falseswamiji meant "swAmi cheating" would be really sad and cheap what I totally agree with. We all have our experiences and that makes us to live and act in certain way, to believe or not to believe in certain things and/or to think in certain way. Nobody can take that from us, it is what we are. In my experiences with swAmi I had many and many moments where I was part of his "show off" by providing information, listening device, you name it. I've been there many times where he was completely clueless about something and I had to find out what was happening. As you (speakup) have said, it is not really that relevant if he has the siddhis or not for many people. On the other hand it is somehow or very important for others. They have their experiences and they associate those with the supernatural abilities of swAmi, therefore they either take everything what comes from him as a blessing, or they are afraid of his powers that he could harm them if they start looking into something like a sexual abuse while considering possibility of the validity of the women claims.

And yes, there were (are) many of those who were (are) presenting him as the knower of past, present and future in a matter of fact way. That served many times to justify certain inappropriate happenings, strange behavior of the One or to make oneself more interesting and really spiritual. Other times it was just superstitious ignorance or herd mentality. More or less each of us fell in one of those categories at the time, sometimes even into multiple ones. (???)

SwAmi knew about people all kinds of thing from gossip and information being delivered to him by his selected ones. I had to fence off many times his inquiries into some of my friends lives which I considered inappropriate. "I dunno" was my favorite answer to those. Few times he responded: "Yo should know, that's your duty as a swami." (wtf) Said in a casual way, you think not much about it because you consider it a nonsense and let go of it thinking "whatever" but he REALLY meant it. :crazy:

Just to give an example:
After Tony left, swAmi wanted to know what he was doing, if I had talked to him etc. Even I did talk to him few times after he left while I was still in, I wouldn't tell him what we talked about. At that time I wasn't sure if swAmi was asking to chastise me for speaking to Tony or to get some information out of me. He always loved to collect information. That was big part of his game.

Elisabeth

Bronze Member

(93)

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 2:21am

Speakup, thank you so much for sharing that. I completely understand how you must have felt. I have had so many of those kinds of experiences, I stopped counting. I once asked him in my head to do something next time I see him., as a test. And then, next time I saw him, he did exactly that, and also looked me straight in the eye, telling me, yes, my dear, there you go. I know!

By singing that song and looking straight into your eyes, he told you that he knew. I think falseswami mentioned it being so much more sad, because just imagine how terrible it is to have that kind of knowledge and misuse it for sense gratification and other needs and desires. In my attempt to name my experiences, I looked up telepathy and ESP. I think it would come under Extra Sensory Perception.

As you know, I still have trouble believing the sexual allegations. Can you imagine what type of monster he would be to have such precise knowledge of what you do/sing (in private, at home, no-one else listening in)/think, and then misuse it? That is probably the biggest block for me in relation to believing the allegations.
Adding the facts that Roman told us about listening devices, asking for information, etc: It is just very, very confusing. The Kheper site mentions something about the Intermediate Zone and the abusive guru, I need to read up on it again. Talks about these guys being ambiguous, complex and very destructive. 8|

Tony

Silver Member

(249)

Reputation modifier: 6

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 602,018

Next Level: 677,567

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 2:54am

One more thing about siddhis, I wrote about this once on the old forum.

Whoever you are, if you teach yoga or meditation in the West, as long as you are reasonably good at it and reasonably charismatic (and let's not forget reasonably good looking), people will "feel good" at your classes. The room is likely darkened, there may be incense, mediation music is on, there is a great deal of the element of the extraordinary involved. It is definitely different from going to the pub, for example. So, people often feel and experience things they don't feel anywhere else. Good things. People reconnect with themselves. If they are impressionable, they will start giving you the credit for their feeling good. Some of them will think that you, for sure, have siddhis. It is really awful and awkward.

It happened to me, repeatedly. Every few months I would be cornered after class by an overzealous student (mostly female) who wanted some deep life advise because "I knew". One always wanted me to place my palm on top of her head ("just for five seconds"). I am not making this up! And to clarify this situation: they were definitely not hitting on me, because they all believed I was gay. (In the early nineties, I would overuse my "gentle" fake Indian accent, that's why.) It would get often comical. I might swear to them that I did not possess any such special powers. ("Please, leave me alone.") They would just smile knowingly, "... well isn't that's exactly what a real siddha would say?"

It is just very comfortable and reassuring to believe that there is someone powerful who can protect you and offer free advice about your future. And it is also logical. Because with this yoga teacher, you always feel so nice in his presence, so it must be due to his powers.

I am sure most yoga instructors have embarrassing stories like this. When I was visiting Roman in Washington around 1994, one of his students privately admitted to me that Roman was a holy man and how he always fills her soul with divine presence and he knows her future, etc.

illusion

New User

(16)

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 22 [?]

Experience: 46,693

Next Level: 49,025

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:32am

As you know, I still have trouble believing the sexual allegations. Can you imagine what type of monster he would be to have such precise knowledge of what you do/sing (in private, at home, no-one else listening in)/think, and then misuse it? That is probably the biggest block for me in relation to believing the allegations.
Adding the facts that Roman told us about listening devices, asking for information, etc: It is just very, very confusing.
I understand what you are saying. Like yourself, I also have no hard proof for the sexual abuses as it did not happen to me or my close friends.
On the other hand, I knew for sure some of the other stuff, and it helped me leave a long time ago.
BTW, Thank you Roman for sharing some of those stories. I was aware of similar ones earlier. It makes things so much clearer when one knows all that. Common disciples are not aware of swAmi's behavior in "off-line" settings, and therefore idealize him.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests